Friday 19 August 2011

So I'm thinking of volunteering - but I'm not sure what I could do.

That's fine. There are various things that you can do which don't involve committing the rest of your life to something you wont enjoy out of some misplaced guilt or sense of duty! 


* You could do a GIG shift (give it a go) simply come in with a friend or someone who already volunteers and spend time hanging out with them in what they are doing... if you don't like it you could contact me for an informal chat and we could suggest other areas you could try.


* You can do GIG shifts in as many different areas as you like until you find the thing that you really enjoy. 


* If dealing with the public or being out in the forfront isn't really your thing you could assess how much time a week, a fortnight or a month you might have to offer and contact me to find out ways in which you might be able to help behind the scenes


We offer you an informal opportunity to discuss with me what you want to get out of your volunteering, full training and support. 


Want to GIG? you can complete an application form, talk to me face to face, ring me at the Jesus Centre or email me...but PLEASE do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment